Policies allow you to manage and configure functionality across your Gitpod organization.
Manage a Policy
To update an Organizational policy:
- Ensure you have are a Member with the Role “Organization Owner”.
- Navigate to the Gitpod dashboard.
- Ensure you are in the context of the Organization you want to set the policy.
- Navigate to the settings page.
- Update the relevant policy.
Workspace sharing is enabled by default. Through this policy, Organization Owners can prevent Members from sharing workspaces that have been started within an Organization.
- Prevents workspaces within an Organization from sharing access to a running workspace.
- Members can stop sharing a workspace at any time, regardless of the Organizational Policy.
- Any currently shared workspaces will not have sharing access removed.