An organization can be used to represent a group of people collaborating together with Gitpod, such as an entire company or an open source collective. Through Gitpod organizations you can:
- Manage Organization Members
- Manage Projects (and Prebuild configurations)
- Apply Organization Policies (e.g. restrict workspace sharing, specify default workspace image)
To create a new organization:
- On the top bar, click on the scope selector and select New Organization.
- Set the organization name (the name is also the organization slug)
To see all the organizations the logged in user is a member of, click the scope selector on the left of the top bar in the Gitpod dashboard.