⚠️ Gitpod Self-hosted is no longer supported
The last update of Gitpod Self-hosted product was November 2022. Users can still request our free community license however there will be no support or updates to the product. If you are interested in an isolated, private installation of Gitpod, take a look at Gitpod Dedicated.
Instructions on how to create a Microsoft AKS environment that is ready to install Gitpod are located in the gitpod-io/gitpod-microsoft-aks-guide repository on GitHub. The installation process takes around twenty minutes. In the end, the following resources are created:
- An Microsoft AKS cluster running Kubernetes v1.21.
- An Microsoft Azure load balancer.
- An Microsoft Azure DNS zone.
- An Microsoft Azure container registry.
- MySQL will be provided by Helm under #5508 solved.
- Minio will be used until Microsoft Azure storage gateway is configured.
- Installation of calico as CNI and NetworkPolicy implementation
- Installation of cert-manager for self-signed SSL certificates
Upon completion, this script will print the config for the resources created (including passwords) and what is the next relevant step in the installation process. Note that you will be able to skip steps 2 and 3 in the getting started guide because the script can do these steps for you.