Installation instructions for Gitpod Self-Hosted on Google Kubernetes Engine are currently located in the gitpod-io/gitpod-gke-guide repository on GitHub. The installation process takes around twenty minutes. In the end, the following resources are created:
- A GKE cluster running Kubernetes v1.21 (rapid channel).
- GCP L4 load balancer.
- Cloud SQL - Mysql database.
- Cloud DNS zone.
- In-cluster Docker registry using Cloud Storage as storage backend.
- Installation of calico as CNI and NetworkPolicy implementation
- Installation of cert-manager for self-signed SSL certificates
- Installation of a Jaeger operator and Jaeger deployment for gitpod distributed tracing
- A gitpod.io deployment