June 6, 2022
Gitpod dashboard improvements
We have made some design changes to the navbar at the top of the Gitpod dashboard. It now includes an always-visible link to your workspaces on the right, and offers better color accessibility.
The team/personal selector at the top left takes you directly to your own projects, or to the projects for the selected team. If you would prefer the team/personal selection to be preserved when you visit the workspaces list, please upvote Gitpod issue #10496.
Always ready to code 🚀
JetBrains - Roadmap issue: #7956 Beta
- #10107 - [JetBrains] Show notification when port becomes available
- #10388 - Gitpod CLI has a new command to list the ports from the workspace: gp ports list
SSH copy/paste - Roadmap issue: #7713
- #10291 - SSH copy/paste connections now support remote port forward
- #10469 - Check docker-compose download
- #10458 - Update docker compose to v2.6.0
- #10442 - Revert ”[baseserver] Change default metrics port to 9502 to not clash with kube-rbac-proxy”
- #10414 - Improve workspace failure error messages
- #10413 - [supervisor] improve error message around user group and uid
- #10395 - ws-daemon: Apply the xfs limit in stages.
- #10394 - dashboard: single quote connect via ssh connection string
- #10229 - Change
/workspacefiles default permissions from 0750 to 0755
- #10377 - Fixed an issue on JetBrains Gateway, preventing the workspace list from being displayed when a workspace had been created from a detached commit instead of a branch.
- #10346 - [registry-facade] Return content directly from IPFS
- #10356 - Reduce cpu and memory consumption of agent-smith
- #9475 - [experimental] add support for backing up and restoring workspace’s persistent volume claim via snapshot volume.
- #10071 - Feedback form under error messages on login and starting workspaces.
- #9491 - Correctly enforce the parallel workspace limit
- #10297 - Feedback form only shows for SaaS gitpod-io users.
- #10343 - [installer] Command line flag to configure strict config parsing
- #10364 - [content-service] Improve restoration of extended attributes
- #10290 - [experimental] add a metric to track volume snapshot time
- #10177 - JetBrains Gateway: The “Connect” button now gets disabled while a JetBrains Client is connected to the workspace.
- #10280 - [initializer] Fix issue with publicly signed SCM’s on a self-signed Gitpod instance